COSMETIC PRODUCTION ASSISTANT FOR IMMEDIATE START.
ROLE Casual Cosmetic Production Assistant
HOURS 25-30 hours a week
LOCATION GEEBUNG, QLD.
WHO WE ARE
Oh Deer Sugar is The Non-Edible Bakery, we’ve been handcrafting bath, body and home products since 2013. We are a small but very fast-paced and energetic business that likes to keep things busy and exciting. We handcraft thousands of vegan and cruelty free products every single week at our Geebung based production warehouse.
This role is a Casual role based in our production warehouse in Geebung. The role involves assisting with the production of products, general housekeeping, and product packaging.
At Oh Deer Sugar everything is handcrafted in house, so this role is extremely important and requires a lot of attention to detail, love, care, and hard work. You’ll be working alongside the Head Doe assisting with every aspect of product preparation. This is a hands-on role that involves a lot of kneading, weighing, pressing, piping, scooping, and filling of bath, body, shower, and home products.
The other side of production is packaging and labelling of the completed product, filling the dispatch room shelves, and sorting back up stock. You will also be responsible for clean downs, washing dishes, setting up ready for preparation and helping in dispatch by picking orders ready for dispatch when required.
You will be responsible for record management including final products, ingredients, batch number tracking, stocktake and inventory management.
The dispatching side, when and if required, involves accurately scanning and picking online orders in the dispatch room, packaging into boxes and fulfilling through our online system.
This is a fast-paced and require efficiency and attention to detail – accuracy is paramount.
- Assisting with the preparation of bath, body, shower, and home products including but not limited to, hand piping/filling jars, manually pressing bath bombs, painting bath bombs, kneading bubble bath, demoulding products etc.
- Setting up, packing down and cleaning the preparation room.
- Organising and restocking ingredients, moulds, and equipment.
- Packaging product including weighing, jarring, bagging, and labelling.
- Quality control on products and ingredients.
- Preparation at targeted speed to ensure KPI’s are met.
- Record and inventory management on ingredients, batches, and products using online software.
- Picking online orders using scanner and software if required.
- Packaging online orders into suitable boxes and dispatching through online software if required.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN SOMEONE
- This position requires manual handling, including bending, twisting, and lifting of product and equipment (up to 15kgs)
- Able to work Monday-Friday between 8am-4pm (approx. 25-30 hours a week)
- Goal driven with the desire to smash targets and reach KPI’s.
- Can stay on task and work on their own and within a small team.
- Strong attention to detail and someone who takes pride in their work.
- Understands the importance of record and inventory management and can do it with complete accuracy.
- Must have own driver’s licence.
- The right to work in Australia.
- Enjoys the fast-paced nature of a busy, small business – we like to get in and get it done!
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- End of day cleaning of the warehouse – dishes, vacuuming, mopping etc.
- Can stand on their feet for 8+ hours a day.
- Has general knowledge of excel/word and can learn new computer systems with ease.
- Works well under pressure and takes on feedback.
- Has excellent time management skills.
- Follows and promotes OH&S rules at all times.
- Warehouse/small business or background in hospitality (kitchen hand, cook or production of food/cosmetics) experience desired but not necessary. Please outline your experience in your cover letter.
All submissions will be treated as private and confidential. Whilst all applications will be considered, only those who are shortlisted for the position will be contacted.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE Friday 26th August.
Please copy and paste the below into your cover letter and answer the following questions
HOW MUCH EXPERIENCE HAVE YOU HAD IN A SIMILAR ROLE/KITCHEN ROLE?
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU HAVE THAT YOU CAN BRING TO THIS ROLE AS A PRODUCTION ASSISTANT?
WHAT IS YOUR AVAILABILITY?
DO YOU HAVE YOUR OWN DRIVER’S LICENCE?
WHEN CAN YOU START?
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must include RESUME and personalised COVER LETTER.
SUBJECT CASUAL PRODUCTION ASSISTANT August 2022
Include at least 2 current/recent professional references.
SEND TO email@example.com