THE HERD IS GROWING AND WE WANT YOU!
Oh Deer Sugar is The Non-Edible Bakery that focuses on handcrafting ‘Food For The Skin’ bath and body products since 2013. We thrive on using plant-derived ingredients and pushing the boundaries with every product we create!
We are currently seeking a hardworking, enthusiastic team player to join our Herd at Oh Deer Sugar as a dispatch assistant at our Brendale warehouse.
JOB: Dispatch Assistant
CASUAL POSITION: The role includes a variety of tasks to ensure the customer receives their online orders of skincare in perfect condition, every time. You will be responsible for reviewing online orders-printing, picking, packing and dispatching orders within the dedicated time frame. You will also be involved in receiving products from the production room, packaging, labelling and sorting into appropriate areas in the picking room. This is a fast-paced role that requires efficiency and attention to detail.
The candidate will have the following attributes:
- Have outstanding communication and computer skills (ability to learn new software)
- Is a team player with a ‘can-do' attitude.
- Takes direction with ease and is always willing to learn new things.
- Can stand on their feet for 7+ hours a day.
- Pays attention to every detail to ensure products and orders are packaged correctly.
- Is flexible with work hours.
- Must be able to safely carry out tasks that require repetitive moving/carrying of weights up to 15kg.
- Enjoys a fast-paced work environment.
- Works well under pressure.
- Has excellent time management skills. (organised and efficient)
- Follows and promotes OH&S rules at all times.
The main responsibilities include:
- Review online orders through our POS – print, check, pick and pack products ready for dispatch including measuring, weighing and counting products with complete accuracy.
- Dispatch products to customers using online courier portals.
- Packing and labelling finished products ready for online orders.
- Fill and manage shelves in picking room – including lifting product onto shelves, arranging into categories, rotating stock etc.
- Accurate stocktake of all product, labels, packaging material etc.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills.
- Keep your work space tidy and organised at all times.
- Keep records of all orders dispatched including photos, checked order forms etc.
- Keep records of communication with customers.
- Ability to work on your own or within a small team.
- Warehouse cleaning duties – dishes, replenishing stationary, vacuum, mopping etc.
- Accepting deliveries, ticking them off and replenishing the warehouse stock.
- Ability to use computer.
- Experience in warehousing is desired but not essential.
- Appreciation for local, ethical, and handcrafted products.
- Include at least 2 current/recent professional references.
- Must be available weekdays between 8am - 4pm (please list availability on resume) Due to the flexible hours, applicants will need a drivers licence and own transport. Days of work may vary between 3-5 shifts per week. No weekend work
Does the above sound like you?
Applications must include RESUME and COVER LETTER.
SUBJECT: PICK AND PACK POSITION JUNE 2020
SEND TO email@example.com
Applications close 13th June 2020. All successful applicants will be contacted between 14th-18th June.