THE HERD IS GROWING AND WE WANT YOU!
Oh Deer Sugar is The Non-Edible Bakery that focuses on handcrafting ‘Food For The Skin’ bath and body products since 2013. We thrive on using plant-derived ingredients and pushing the boundaries with every product we create!
We are currently seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and excited team player to join our Herd at Oh Deer Sugar as a warehouse/dispatch assistant at our Brendale, Qld warehouse. This is a role that requires you to be flexible, take directions with ease and enjoys learning different tasks!
JOB: WAREHOUSE/DISPATCH ASSISTANT
WAREHOUSE SECTION This part of the role is very hands on and involves keeping the warehouse tidy and organised. You will be responsible for clean downs, washing dishes, setting up ready for prep of products, all whilst assisting with various tasks such as preparation, production, and packaging. Someone with a can-do attitude, who enjoys fast paced work and doesn’t mind being covered in bubbles and colour at the end of the day is the perfect Deer for this role.
DISPATCH SECTION This part of the role also includes a variety of tasks to ensure the customer receives their online orders of Food For The Skin in perfect condition, every time. You will be responsible for reviewing online orders-printing, picking, scanning, packing and dispatching orders within the dedicated time frame. You will also be involved in receiving products from the production room, packaging, labelling and sorting into appropriate areas in the picking room. This is a fast-paced role that requires efficiency and attention to detail – accuracy is paramount.
The candidate will have the following attributes:
- Has a can-do attitude and will jump in and get a job done.
- Is a team player but can also work autonomously.
- Takes direction with ease and is always willing to learn new things.
- Can stand on their feet for 7+ hours a day.
- Has outstanding communication and computer skills (ability to learn new software).
- Pays attention to every detail to ensure tasks are completed accurately.
- Available Mon – Fri, 7am – 4pm.
- Must be able to safely carry out tasks that require repetitive moving/carrying of weights up to 15kg.
- Enjoys the fast-paced nature of a busy, small business.
- Works well under pressure and wants to grow within the role.
- Has excellent time management skills. (organised and efficient)
- Follows and promotes OH&S rules at all times.
The main responsibilities include:
- Clean down of production areas and preparation equipment/dishes.
- Assisting in preparation and production – filling moulds/jars etc.
- Ingredients, labels, packaging and product stocktake and organisation.
- Accepting, checking off and packing away all deliveries.
- Review online customer orders through our POS – print, check, pick and pack products ready for dispatch including measuring, weighing, counting and scanning products with complete accuracy.
- Dispatch products to customers using online courier portals.
- Packing and labelling finished products ready for online orders.
- Fill and manage shelves in picking room – including lifting product onto shelves, arranging into categories, rotating stock etc.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills.
- Keep your work space tidy and organised at all times.
- Keep records of all orders dispatched including photos, checked order forms etc.
- Keep records of communication with customers.
- Fill out order requests forms for required packaging, labels, ingredients etc.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to take on feedback.
- Ability to work on your own or within a small team.
- Overall warehouse cleaning duties – vacuuming, mopping, emptying bins etc.
- Ability to use computer.
- Experience with a ‘hands-on, fast paced’ job.
- Experience in warehousing is desired but not essential.
- Appreciation for local, ethical, and handcrafted products.
- Include at least 2 current/recent professional references.
- Must be available weekdays between 8am - 4pm (please list availability on resume) Due to the flexible hours, applicants will need a drivers licence and own transport. Days of work may vary between 3-5 shifts per week. Weekend work may be required during peak seasons.
Does the above sound like you?
Applications must include RESUME and COVER LETTER.
SUBJECT: WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT POSITION JULY 2020
SEND TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 25th July 2020.