ROLE Christmas Casual Cosmetic Product Packaging and Dispatch Assistant
HOURS approx. 15-25 hours a week/Christmas casual (Immediate start through to Jan/Feb)
LOCATION Brendale, QLD 4500.
WHO WE ARE
Oh Deer Sugar is The Non-Edible Bakery, we’ve been handcrafting bath, body and home products since 2013. We are a small but very fast-paced and energetic business that likes to keep things busy and exciting. We handcraft thousands of vegan and cruelty free products every single month at our Brendale based production warehouse.
This role is a Christmas Casual role based in our production warehouse in Brendale. The role involves packaging products as well as assisting with packaging and dispatching online orders. The position is for immediate start through to January/February with option to extend.
The product packaging side involves receiving products from the production team, packaging and labelling products and putting complete products on the dispatch room shelves and in backup inventory. You will be responsible for record management including batch number tracking, stocktake and inventory management.
The dispatching side involves accurately picking online orders in the dispatch room, packaging into boxes and fulfilling through our online system.
Both roles are fast-paced and require efficiency and attention to detail – accuracy is paramount.
- Packaging products.
- Manually applying labels to finished products including jars, bags etc.
- Organising and restocking dispatch/picking room shelves.
- Cleaning and organising of warehouse.
- Final quality control on all products.
- Labelling at targeted speed to ensure KPI’s are met.
- Inventory management on products and packaging material.
- Record management on batches – numbers, quantity, product.
- Storing and filing labels.
- Picking online orders using scanner and software.
- Packaging online orders into suitable boxes and dispatching through online software.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN SOMEONE
- Able to work Monday-Friday (flexible days) between 8am-4pm (approx. 15-25 hours a week)
- Goal driven with the desire to smash targets and always hit KPI’s.
- Can stay on task and work on their own.
- Strong attention to detail and someone who takes pride in their work.
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 20kgs.
- Understands the importance of record and inventory management and can do it with complete accuracy.
- Enjoys the fast-paced nature of a busy, small business – we like to get in and get it done!
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- End of day cleaning of the warehouse – dishes, vacuuming, mopping etc.
- Can stand on their feet for 5+ hours a day.
- Has general knowledge of excel/word and can learn new computer systems with ease.
- Works well under pressure and takes on feedback.
- Has excellent time management skills.
- Follows and promotes OH&S rules at all times.
- Warehouse/small business experience desired but not necessary.
License and own transport is required.
Masks are required whilst at work.
All submissions will be treated as private and confidential. Whilst all applications will be considered, only those who are shortlisted for the position will be contacted.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 14th October 2021
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must include RESUME and personalised COVER LETTER.
SUBJECT CHRISTMAS CASUAL Product Packaging and Dispatch Assistant
Include at least 2 current/recent professional references.
SEND TO firstname.lastname@example.org